Click image to see enlarged view.
This sample illustration based on the Lullbot robot logo is a combination of layering composite images, and the 3D tools built into Photoshop.
- The background is made entirely of Photoshop effects to create the star field, and the lens flare effect.
- The Earth and Moon are silhouetted photos from NASA's public domain images
- The moon has an overlay of the Drupal Icon face embossed into the surface
- The Mothership is a flat graphic of the Lullabot logo that was extruded, rotated, and then rendered with some transparency using Photoshop's 3D tool
- The thrusters on the mothership were drawn and modeled in Adobe Illustrator, then placed, cloned, and scaled in Photoshop to give them the right perspective
- The glow around the mothership and the blast from the thrusters were added as a transparent layer above the background
- Finally, the basic 3D model of the "ship" was cloned and scaled and rotated several times to give the effect of small "landers" gliding down to Earth